Electrical Engineer – Fargo, ND
Position requires interaction with customer/clients to provide Electrical Engineering Services in completing an upgrade or expansion to a client’s industrial process facility.
Provide Electrical Engineering for Sugar, Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Food, and Beverage Projects. Work closely with project managers and other disciplines in developing project schedules, scope, budget, specifications and drawing packages. Typically will have direct contact with clients and assist in development of proposals and marketing.
The candidate must be able to develop specification and drawing packages for industrial equipment procurement and installation. Candidate must work closely with remote offices for development of project design concepts and labor resource assignments.
- Will be developing equipment and installation specifications and drawing packages including one line diagrams, power distribution plans, lighting plans, conduit/cable plans and schedules, grounding plans and details, load lists, motor schematics, hazardous area classification, communications & security system plans, PLC I/O drawings and cathodic protection design
- Experience with Sugar, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Food and Beverage Industries preferred.
- Knowledge of low voltage power distribution, Standby/emergency power generation, Automatic transfer switches, Short Circuit/Arc Flash calculation software and 480V motor control including variable frequency drives
- Experience with PLC/DCS/HMI systems is a plus
- Candidate must have a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Discipline – BSEE, Certifications – EIT minimum, PE preferred
VEi Global Inc. Engineering Consultants is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm offering multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction coordination services. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients in industries such as Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food. VEi prides itself in client success by providing detailed construction packages and procurement services done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel. Excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience.
VEi Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
C/O: Judi Nitschke
1020 36 St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Tell us a little about your project needs and we’ll get back to you ASAP.