Locations: North Dakota, Florida, Louisiana, Colorado
Position requires interaction with customer/clients to provide engineering services in completing an upgrade or expansion to a client’s industrial process facility.
Provide Mechanical Engineering lead role for Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry Projects. Work closely with project managers and other discipline leads in developing project schedules, scope, budget, specifications and drawing packages. Typically will have direct contact with clients and assist in development of proposals and marketing.
Scope / Key Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to develop specification and drawing packages for heavy industrial equipment procurement and installation. Candidate must work closely with remote offices for development of project design concepts and labor resource assignments.
- Must be familiar with the Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry
- Manage projects from preliminary engineering through construction and start-up.
- Preliminary Engineering – Scope, budget, schedule, & financials
- Detailed Engineering – P&IDs, process modeling, hydraulic design, pipe stress analysis, materials of construction selection, equipment specifications, equipment and piping layouts, construction specifications, and equipment and construction procurement.
- Construction – Quality control, engineering assistance
- Start-up & Commissioning – Engineering assistance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering – Professional registration is an advantage.
- 3-5 years in process piping design in a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Computer software experience: Latest version of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
VEi Global, Inc.
1020 36th St. S. Suite B
Fargo, ND 58103
VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients. VEi prides itself in providing clients with detailed construction projects done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel.
Excellent benefits package including employer health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience along with incentive bonus. Professional registration is an advantage.