Position requires interaction with customer/clients to provide engineering services in completing a new, upgrade or expansion project to a client’s industrial process facility.
Provide Structural Engineering for Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry Projects. Work closely with project managers and other discipline leads in developing project engineering, scope, budget, schedule, specifications and drawing packages. Typically will have direct contact with clients.
Scope / Key Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to develop structural specifications and drawing packages for heavy industrial existing and new buildings structures and equipment support systems. Candidate must work closely with remote offices for development of project design concepts and labor resource assignments.
- Must be familiar with the Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry
- Manage the project structural design requirements from preliminary engineering through construction and start-up.
- Preliminary Engineering – Scope, budget, & schedule
- Solve general industrial building and support structural designs for new and existing construction.
- Construction – Quality control, engineering assistance
- Start-up & Commissioning – Engineering assistance
- BS in Civil Engineering – Professional registration is an advantage.
- 3-5 years in structural system design in a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Computer software experience: RISA-3D / RAM Structural Software, latest version of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
VEi Global, Inc.
1020 36th St. S. Suite B
Fargo, ND 58103
VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients. VEi prides itself in providing clients with detailed construction projects done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel.
Excellent benefits package including employer health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience along with incentive bonus. Professional registration is an advantage.