VEi Global has an opportunity for an experienced Computer-aided Design (CAD) Designer to produce mechanical designs and plans for a wide variety of projects within industrial process facilities.
Design Mechanical Systems for the Food Process, Industrial, Chemical, Petrochemical, and Sugar Industries. Work closely with project engineers and other discipline leads in developing project construction document packages.
- 3D modeling of building systems including structural, process equipment, and piping using AutoCAD Plant 3D software.
- Support engineers in the design process by developing P&IDs, detailed piping plans, elevations, sections, isometrics, and details.
- Work in conjunction with the engineers, working from the engineer’s direction, and will be responsible for designing various piping systems and isometric drawings. Produce designs of the piping equipment tie-ins, equipment arrangement drawings, and any other type of design that is required to tie one piece of equipment or piping network from one location to another.
- Fieldwork will be required for verification of equipment and mechanical systems.
- Work with engineers to investigate and resolve problems.
- Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings from multiple disciplines.
- Work with 3D LIDAR laser scanner equipment and software to capture existing site conditions and produce point clouds.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- 3 to 5 years of Design experience.
- Associate Degree in Drafting. Piping design experience a plus.
- Proficient with CAD software. AutoCAD Plant 3D proficiency a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills and be a self-motivating individual.
VEi Global Inc. Engineering Consultants
VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients. VEi prides itself in providing clients with detailed construction projects done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel. Excellent benefits package including employer health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience.
VEi Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tell us a little about your project needs and we’ll get back to you ASAP.