Mechanical Project Engineer – Metairie, LA
COMPANY: VEi Global Inc. Engineering Consultants
VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm offering multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction coordination services. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients in industries such as Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food. VEi prides itself in client success by providing detailed construction packages and procurement services done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel. Excellent benefits package including employer health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience. Professional registration is an advantage.
Provide Mechanical and Project Engineering for Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food Industry Projects. Work closely with project managers, designers and other discipline leads in developing project schedules, scope, budget, specifications and drawing packages. Typically, will have direct contact with clients and assist in development of proposals and estimates.
The candidate should be able to develop specification and drawing packages for heavy industrial equipment procurement and installation. Candidate will work closely with remote offices for development of project design concepts and labor resource assignments.
- Familiar with either Ag Processing, Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food Industry
- PE Required
- Ability to effectively communicate with our team, clients, and vendors
- Familiarity with ASME Codes, NFPA, etc.
- Self-starter capable of pushing projects through from proposal stage to completion.
- Manage projects from preliminary engineering through construction and start-up.
- Preliminary Engineering – Scope, budget, schedule, & financials
- Detailed Engineering – P&IDs, process modeling, hydraulic design, pipe stress analysis, materials of construction selection, equipment specifications, equipment and piping layouts, construction specifications, and equipment and construction procurement.
- Ability to read and develop P&IDs using CAD.
- Ability to identify line on PFD/P&ID and perform field verification.
- Ability to size and select pumps, understand pump curves.
- Ability to run hydraulics either in Excel or using pipeflow or similar software
- Experience with standard Calculations: pipe wall, area replacement (Branch), velocity, MDMT, NPSH, etc.
- Understanding of exchanger selections and use: fouling factors, TEMA exchanger types, etc.
- Understanding of piping components, NACE material selection
- Construction – Quality control, engineering assistance
- Ability to run coordination/status meetings: Action Items, Meeting notes, progress, etc.
- Knowledge of schedule software is a plus: MS Project or Primavera.
- Ability to run cost control/forecasting for projects is a plus.
- Ability to develop proposals, estimating man hours, etc. for engineering is a plus.
- Cost estimation/scheduling for construction
- Start-up & Commissioning – Engineering assistance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 4-12 years of industrial consulting or industrial in-plant project engineering experience preferred
- Computer software experience: Latest version of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
Send resume and cover letter to:
C/O: Judi Nitschke
Address: VEi Global
1020 36 St S
Fargo, ND 58103
Tell us a little about your project needs and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party.