Senior Mechanical Engineer - Fort Collins, CO
Generally responsible for leading the design of complex mechanical systems in oil refineries, chemical, petrochemical and/or power industries. Position requires extensive experience in system design, integration and operation of process equipment Work will be performed under minimal supervision.
- Supports the development of heat and material balance (process flow) diagrams.
- Leads the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams, piping material specifications, equipment data sheets, piping isometrics diagrams, fabrication and construction work packages, and procurement technical specifications.
- Performs piping hydraulics calculations.
- Sizes and selects equipment, including control valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors and turbines.
- Reviews and approves mechanical deliverables, including drawings, calculations, technical bids, and RFIs.
- Participates and contributes in HAZOP/PHA and other design reviews.
- Directs designers and junior engineers.
- Coordinates with other discipline engineers and subcontractors to ensure timely quality work product.
- Will report to Principal Mechanical Engineer – Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of engineering experience with oil, gas, chemical and/or power capital projects from feasibility through construction.
- Minimum of four years of engineering experience in lead role.
- Experience with process equipment systems and troubleshooting in oil, gas, chemical and/or power facilities.
- Prior operations and/or maintenance experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with front-end engineering design (FEED) gated work process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of design codes and standards such as API, PIP and ASME.
- Familiarity with analytical software such as ASPEN, HYSYS, Thermoflow, Thermal Desktop, AFT Arrow, AFT Fathom, PIPE-FLO, CAESAR II, PV Elite, and/or ANSYS preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Must maintain a current valid driver’s license.
- Must currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
TRAVEL: Yes, Up to 20%
ABOUT VEi: VEi Global is a US-based engineering consulting firm with offices in Fargo, ND, Fort Myers, FL, Fort Collins, CO and New Orleans, LA. For over 20 years, VEi has provided industrial clients with project management, technology development, engineering, procurement and construction management, and commissioning.
Tell us a little about your project needs and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party.