Position requires interaction with customer/clients to provide engineering services in completing a new, upgrade or expansion project to a client’s industrial process facility.
Provide Structural Engineering for Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry Projects. Work closely with project managers and other discipline leads in developing project engineering, scope, budget, schedule, specifications and drawing packages. Typically will have direct contact with clients.
The candidate must be able to develop construction packages of specifications and drawings for new and existing buildings, structures, and equipment support systems within an industrial environment. Candidate must work closely with remote offices for development of project design concepts and labor resource assignments.
- Work closely on project development with clients, engineers, and other professionals
- Prepare scopes of work, budgets, bid packages, and evaluate bid submittals.
- Perform design and detailing of building structural systems utilizing steel, masonry, and/or reinforced concrete.
- Verify projects meet applicable building codes and health and safety requirements.
- Perform Construction Administration – Shop drawing review, quality control, and engineering assistance.
- Perform structural assessments of existing structures and recommend options for repairs.
- Must be familiar with the Petro-Chemical, Chemical, Energy, Sugar Industry, Food & Beverage Industry
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering – Professional registration or ability to obtain registration within a year is required.
- 5+ years in structural system design in a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Computer software experience: STAAD / RAM Structural Software, latest version of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills and a self-motivating individual
VEi Global Inc. Engineering Consultants
VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients. VEi prides itself in providing clients with detailed construction projects done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel. Excellent benefits package including employer health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience.
VEi Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tell us a little about your project needs and we’ll get back to you ASAP.